SUMMER ANTS IN THE HOUSE
Serving Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Beaverton OR
Summer is a time for fun in the sun, backyard barbecues, and lazy days by the pool. However, along with the joys of summer come some pesky annoyances, one of the most common being ants invading our homes. These tiny creatures seem to march in uninvited, disrupting our peace and creating a nuisance. But are ants a significant issue in the summer, and if so, what can we do to prevent them from taking over our homes?
Are Ants an Issue in the Summer?
As temperatures rise during the summer months, ants become more active, seeking out sources of food and water to sustain their colonies. This quest for sustenance often leads them straight into our homes. Additionally, summer rainstorms can flood ant colonies, prompting them to seek refuge in drier environments, such as our cozy abodes. Once inside, ants leave behind pheromone trails that attract more of their comrades, quickly turning a minor incursion into a full-blown invasion requiring professional extermination.
Moreover, summer is prime time for outdoor activities like picnics and cookouts, which inadvertently create opportunities for ants to infiltrate our living spaces. Crumbs and spills left behind from these gatherings serve as beacons for hungry ants on the lookout for a meal, further exacerbating the problem.
Eliminate Those Pests Today!
Leave your information and we will call you back in the next 30 minutes.
How to Prevent Ants in Summer
While the presence of ants in the summer may seem inevitable, there are steps you can take to deter them from infesting your home. Here are some effective prevention tips:
- Keep it clean:
- Regularly clean floors to eliminate food crumbs and spills.
- Wipe down countertops and tables after meals to remove any food residue.
- Store food in airtight containers to deny ants easy access to their favorite snacks.
- Seal entry points:
- Inspect your home for cracks, gaps, and openings where ants can enter and seal them with caulk or weather stripping.
- Keep doors and windows closed or screened to prevent ants from sneaking inside.
- Remove attractants:
- Trim vegetation and foliage away from the perimeter of your home to reduce ant trails.
- Clean up outdoor dining areas promptly to remove any food debris that might attract ants.
- Address moisture issues:
- Fix leaky pipes and faucets to eliminate sources of standing water that ants can use for hydration.
- Ensure proper drainage around your home to prevent water from pooling near the foundation.
By implementing these preventative measures, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of ants invading your home during the summer months.
Combat Ant Invasions with Antworks Pest Control
While DIY methods can help manage minor ant problems, sometimes the infestation becomes too overwhelming to handle alone. In such cases, it’s best to enlist the help of professional pest control technicians. At Antworks Pest Control, our experts are equipped with the knowledge, experience, and tools necessary to tackle even the most stubborn ant infestations effectively. Don’t let ants ruin your summer fun – give us a call today for comprehensive pest control solutions and enjoy a pest-free home all season long.