How to Protect Your Home From Pests in the Fall
Autumn is the time of year people settle down into their cozy homes and prepare for the colder days ahead. But you’re not the only one. Pests may also invite themselves into your home to ride out the cold. Fortunately, Antworks is here for you. Here are some helpful tips we have created to help you protect your home from pests this fall.
Common Fall Pest Problems
Pests that are well known for invading people’s homes during the winter months have a liking for warm climates. These include the common house spider, boxelder bugs, stink bugs, and rodents. Although many of these pests are just a nuisance, rodents are known for carrying terminal diseases and gnawing on electrical wires and drywall.
Cockroaches and stink bugs on the other hand are known for contaminating food. Boxelder bugs are another common fall pests that tend to leave stains around the home that could exacerbate allergy symptoms.
Tips to Keep Pests Out of Your Home this Fall
Taking steps to achieve a pest-free home can be confusing if you don’t know where to begin. That’s why we’ve set up a list of the areas in your home that need maximum protection and what to do to pest-proof them.
- Pests range in sizes, so you should seal all cracks and openings on the exterior of your home.
- Pests have a liking for moisture, so keep areas like crawl spaces, vents, and attics dry and ventilated.
- Keep your food stored away in airtight containers and get rid of trash regularly, so as to not catch hungry pests’ attention.
- Pests will try their best to squeeze into your home, so installing door sweeps, replacing damaged window screens, and repairing holes around the house is essential.
- If your home is sealed and clean, pests could still be brought in from the outdoors in grocery bags or suitcases, so keep that in mind.
Fall Pest Prevention Services
Pests are well known for finding a way into your home regardless of the boundaries you set to prevent them. If you’re worried about your home or are currently experiencing a problematic infestation, Antworks is here to help.
We’ve been serving the Portland OR and Vancouver WA area since 2005. We strive to provide excellent customer service and quality results. We look forward to protecting your home from troublesome infestations during the winter months.