Top 5 Myths About Rodents You Might Want to Know
If you need professional pest control in Portland, Oregon, All About Ants can help you with insects, rodents, and other pests. If you would rather try and get rid of rodents on your own first, here are some common myths that can help you catch those pests for good.
- Cheese is good bait for traps: While cheese can be used for bait, it is not the best solution for traps. Mice prefer peanut butter and meat, so professional pest control companies tend to use these to catch rodents. Mice get their water through food, particularly in warmer climates, so almost any food can be used.
- Cats and dogs can help keep rodents out: Many people assume that if they have dogs and cats, rodents will not enter their home. While cats will certainly chase rodents in between naps, these uninvited guests can quickly travel in spaces that cats can’t get to. The allure of food is enough for rodents to enter your home, even if you have large pets.
- There are effective home remedy solutions: A common myth is that a homemade concoction using simple household products is enough to get rid of rodents. The fact is, mice and rats are determined creatures and are built for survival. Usually, more aggressive methods are required to get rid of them. Pest control companies, like All About Ants in Portland, Oregon, use methods like live traps and other proven methods.
- The biggest problem is that rodents chew things: While it’s true that rodents can chew on furniture and other things in your home, it’s not what should cause the biggest concern for you and your family. The worst part about rodent infestations is that they can easily spread disease through their feces and urine, which can contaminate food.
- Rodent infestations only occur in poor sanitation settings: Leaving food left lying around, and unclean conditions can contribute to an infestation. It’s wrong to assume, though, just because your home or business is clean that it is immune to rodents. They can squeeze through even the smallest of holes, and can live off of very little food. Never leave pet food outside or leave bins uncovered, because rodents will rip them open to have access to the food. Also, be sure to store things like cereal, crackers, and other pantry items in sealed containers so they can’t be opened If you discover you have a rodent problem, get rid of all opened boxes and containers of food to avoid the risk of health issues.
If you have tried getting rid of your rodent problem on your own to no avail, you can contact a pest control company in Portland, Oregon to help you. A skilled and experienced technician will visit your home or office, help to identify the problem and work to eradicate the rodents for good. They will also look for cracks or openings where they are getting in, and seal them. Using a professional company can save you time, money and endless aggravation. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your home or office is free of unwanted guests.
All About Ants is a full-service pest control company that can help you get rid of rodents, insects and other pests from your home. Visit the website today for more information.