Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Serving Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Beaverton OR
Rodents are some of the most disgusting pests and unfortunately, they have adapted well to our urban and suburban environments so anyone is at risk of an infestation. Rats and mice are not only icky-looking, but they are destructive and pose significant health risks–not to mention their capability of spreading parasites.
As soon as you become aware of a rodent infestation in your Portland or Vancouver area property, it’s time to call the exterminators at Antworks.
Eliminate Those Pests Today!
Leave your information and we will call you back in the next 30 minutes.
Signs of a Rat Infestation
Rats are cunning and nocturnal so you might not always see them, but they do leave behind some signs of their presence which are listed below.
- Rat droppings: rats leave their droppings everywhere. Their droppings are odorous and hazardous.
- Rub marks: rats have very oily fur. When they’re getting acclimated to a new area, they’ll often stay close to walls, rubbing against them so you might see oil marks left on your walls.
- Gnaw marks: rodent teeth never stop growing so they will gnaw on nearly everything. Check your pantry, attic, basement, and around your home for signs things have been chewed.
- Nesting materials: shredded up newspapers, cardboard, books, or insulation may all be signs of rats nesting in your home.
- Unpleasant odors: rat urine and rat droppings are very pungent and become stronger the bigger the infestation.
If you have rats, the odds of you having a mouse infestation are also great too because both of these rodents are attracted to the same conditions and food sources.
Your Local Rodent Exterminators
No one wants to have rats or mice in their home or business. Rodents can trigger allergy symptoms and they spread various diseases including Hantavirus, Rat-Bite fever, and Salmonella. They can easily contaminate surfaces and food. Plus, these pests are known to breed fast and cause destruction in properties. If your home or business is showing signs of a rodent infestation, it’s time to call a rodent exterminator.
At Antworks Pest Control, we know what it takes to effectively get rid of rodent infestations. With a focus on Integrated Pest Management and the expertise needed, we will get rid of your rat or mouse problem for good. To schedule an inspection or learn more about our rodent control services, contact us today!