How to Get Rid of Rodents
Serving Vancouver WA | Portland OR | Beaverton OR
How to Get Rid of Rodents
A rodent infestation can cause major problems for homeowners, especially if the pests have time to grow and spread throughout your house. In addition to being a creepy distraction, they can cause damage all over your home or spread serious diseases to you and your family.
Unfortunately, once an infestation has begun, it can be tricky to get rid of these pests for good. To help you out, the pest control experts at Antworks have created a list of the best ways to get rid of mice:
- Properly store food and trash. Rats and mice are likely to nest near easy food sources, such as food or trash left out in the open. Properly storing your food in airtight containers or disposing of trash in sealed bins can cut off their food supply and prompt them to move on.
- Seal off any cracks or openings. Sometimes, rodents nest indoors to get out of the cold or to hide in low-traffic areas. Sealing off openings to your home or building, repairing broken screens, and keeping doors closed can prevent rats and mice from entering in your home in the first place.
- Set up bait stations. If you have rodents indoors, a bait station can be an effective way to treat the infestation. Bait stations use poison that is cleverly disguised as food. While this method can be efficient, it is important to always keep bait stations away from pets or children, as bait stations can be incredibly toxic.
- Use mousetraps. Mousetraps are a well-known method of getting rid of rodents, and for good reason; these small contraptions are very cost-effective and simple to use. That said, they can be a little tedious to set up and keep track of.
- Try a natural method, like kitty litter or peppermint oil. Some basic household items, such as cat litter or peppermint oil, are toxic to rats and mice. Homeowners can use these items to deter rodents, though it’s important to note that these methods are not typically as effective as other solutions. To get rid of rodents quickly, the fastest way is to enlist the help of an experienced professional.
Eliminate Those Pests Today!
Leave your information and we will call you back in the next 30 minutes.
Rodent Control Experts in the Pacific Northwest
Rodent infestations can cause severe problems if they infest your home. To keep your family and house safe, it’s important to address infestations as quickly as possible. If you are struggling with a rodent infestation in your home, call the rodent control experts at Antworks today! Our technicians know exactly how to get rid of rats in the house fast – and for good.